Welcome to G.A.S.H
Welcome to Gloucestershire Association of Secondary Headteachers. We are a thriving association which includes the headteachers from each of the state funded secondary schools in Gloucestershire, including special schools and alternative provision with children of secondary age.
The association operates in order to ensure the best possible provision for young people in the county's secondary schools through mutual support between colleagues, effective partnership with the Local Authority, the DfE and other agencies and a clear focus on supporting the professional development of teachers from initial teacher training students through to experienced headteachers.
What We Do
The Association has the following aims:
- To raise the achievement of all young people in our schools in Gloucestershire
- To ensure that all members are fully supported and to share professional expertise
- To work collaboratively and in partnership with the Children and Young People's Directorate and other relevant organisations
- To encourage debate and collegiality and to develop policy on matters of common interest
- To develop future leaders.
The Gloucestershire Association of Secondary Headteachers meets as a full Association at least three times a year at formal business meetings and operates through a structure of three committees as follows:
- Finance, Personnel, Premises and Planning
- Curriculum and School Improvement
- Continuing Professional Development
Each of the above reports back to the full membership of GASH through an Executive Committee. The Association liaises with Local Authority officers and meets elected members as and when appropriate.